Monday, September 3, 2012

MY SUPERMOM!


                Who is my hero or what is my hero? Is it a superhero like superman, batman or spiderman out to save the world from danger? NO. Is my hero a celebrity with fame, glam, and fortune? NO. Is it good-looking like Mario Maurer, Alex Pettyfer, James Reid or Daniel Padilla? Or is it a hot-looking vampire named Edward Cullen that shimmers like a crystal in the sunlight, throwing millions of rainbows everywhere? I wish! But unfortunately, no. My hero is even better than that, more special, more braver and more stronger than that. My hero is my 45-year old mom.
                Through all odds no matter what destruction life has threw at my mother she never once admitted defeat and she has always presented herself as a strong married woman. My mother has always been there for me even when no one else was, and she has sacrificed a lot to provide for our family putting long hours in at work just to make ends meet and it seems like she works non-stop because when she’s home, she doesn’t stop to rest, just to bond with us, her family. Sometimes I wonder how one person can do so much in one day and continue to do all this throughout a whole week and sometimes this makes me feel guilty at seeing how hard she works. I just feel so helpless watching her, wanting to help her but I can barely take care of myself. So I just make one silent promise to myself and to my mother. I value that I will get my education finished. When I reach a point in my life, when I feel like giving-up, I will just think about parents, most especially to my mom and how she kept going through life with her head held up high and this will be the push or the key that I will need to be successful and to be able to take care of my mom like she once took care of me.
                My mommy is a queen to me but sometimes, I don’t show my appreciation and I don`t tell her how much I love her and how much of an impact she really has had on my life. Sometimes, we take people we love the most for granted but sitting here thinking about all the things my mother has done for me just makes me love her even more and although sometimes we don`t get along well (well like mostly) or see eye-to-eye. I‘m so fortunate that God has placed this woman in my life or I wouldn‘t be the person that I am today filled with goals and dreams that has the desire to make these dreams into reality.
                Self-motivation, self respect, respect or others and self-discipline is the characteristics that my mother has instilled in me. She taught me that life isn`t always fair and when you want something, you have to work hard and strive for the best and when I have a dream, I better run with it and don`t look back until I reach the finish line. This is the person that I am, all thanks to my hero, my mother.  

No comments:

Post a Comment