Thursday, October 11, 2012

Be Energized!


The Science Month proudly presents an electrifying September- long activity that will leave you charged up with the theme “SCIENTRICITY: Energizing Clubs for Sustainable Energy.”
The 1st time I heard the theme of this month’s celebration, my brain suddenly twisted and turned.  Many question marks were starting to build up in my head. “What in the world is the world Scientricity?” “Sustainable Energy? Huh?” and so on… And that’s the time I found out that ‘Scientricity’ is composed of two words: Science and Electricity. At first, I was confused so I asked my teachers and classmates if they can explain it to me.  
Sustainable Energy means energy sources that will allow the Earth to sustain balanced, healthy ecosystems and human life. And when I say Sustainable Energy, I was referring to solar energy(solar panels and photovoltaic windows), wind energy(like our own wind mill in Ilocos Norte), some forms of water (hydro) power and some biomass fuels.
The theme aims to introduce to us students and teachers to Sustainable Energy and engage them in the call for its responsible us. So everyone, ready your gears and get set to be energized! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment